Random Thoughts..
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
 
If adding is easy so should be removing

There ought to be a way to put in a settings options to disallow folks from adding you to all sorts of Groups on Facebook. In real life we do get the means to exercise our choice on whether or not to join a group. Taking that away is not making things easy. It is making things tremendously dumb. Add to that the fact that removing oneself as an Admin is equally impossible. 

I don't know how others use Facebook but for me it isn't an "everybody is a friend, everybody is nice" network. In fact, I am on a daily pruning of my network on Twitter and Facebook just to ensure that the signal/noise ratio is balanced in my favor. And, I don't have to end up using Favorites on Twitter as a means to bookmark interesting stuff for later reading.

The other bit about sending a FB request because of a follow/mutual_follow on Twitter is best left for another day.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger