Random Thoughts..
Friday, November 19, 2010
 
Why I wouldn't recommend using MapMyIndia as a business

I had posted about Scott Kelby's recent customer service experience. There is one part of the blog that I find very important.

Business is too hard to come by right now. Every customer matters. Just treat us like we do, and we’ll send you money. It’s as easy as that.

In light of my recent experiences with smartshoppers.in and MapMyIndia, I'd say that both these companies seem to have taken their positions for granted and don't think twice about not behaving well with their customers. By not behaving well I don't mean that they misbehave. I just think that they take their customers for granted. MapMyIndia is a truly horrible experience (I'm sure others may have had better experiences) primarily because they don't provide the simplest of information.

If you look at the photograph, you'd notice that it went out for delivery on the 10th of November (On PAFEX vehicle for delivery) and, again on the 11th of November. At this stage, neither MapMyIndia and nor Pafex were able to explain where the consignment was. Between these two agencies I ended up making 10 calls, 8 times out of which I was either put on hold or, disconnected without an explanation. Finally, the lady at the Pafex line hooked me up with the dispatcher who connected me with the person with the consignment and we figured out how long it would take to get delivered. In fact I am happy that Pafex went to all that trouble. And actually delivered on the time they committed. Unfortunately they haven't reverted on the mysterious previous out for delivery. And, their customercare email thereafter went into a limbo.

Here's what the MapMyIndia twitter handle had to say. And then read this comment. In my book this is one step short of being insouciant. At no time have they yet responded to the questions raised to their support address and, thereafter conclude that the mere delivery of the device (hell no one has actually called up to ask how I plan to get the device registered) as meeting their quality of service.

Shoddiness it isn't. It is just misguided arrogance and thinking that the customer has no where to go. By the way, don't use smartshoppers.in as well. They simply aren't geared to handle customer complaints by phone or email.

The trend about having to moan and piss venom on twitter to get things going is also counter-productive. Which is why I fail to understand the rationale for companies not having some sort of a RequestTracker system. If they don't want to host it themselves they could look at SaaS options isn't it ? And, get folks to respond to the issues ?

 

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger