Random Thoughts..
Thursday, December 02, 2010
 
Binging on TV mini-series

I am watching the Inspector Morse TV Series again. And, I think I'll follow it up with the 1984 series of Sherlock Holmes (played by Jeremy Brett) and Agatha Christie's Poirot (played by David Suchet). These three perhaps represent a set of TV series which I actually waited eagerly for each week and was mighty upset if I did manage to miss one of the episodes. An interesting trait shared between the dramatization in all three are that they are narrative and dialogue driven. As opposed to the blow-them-up action oriented series which used to be telecast during the nascent days of Star Plus and so forth. And, since they did not come with sub-titles, it was an interesting exercise to focus very keenly on each scene lest some vital clue went unnoticed.

The portrayal of Sherlock Holmes by Jeremy Brett is of course one my favorites because at that point he probably represented a completely different way of acting it out - short, snappy and completely authentic in manners. It doesn't actually amaze me now that he maintained a meticulous file (check the Wikipedia page).

Come to think of it, I need to complete my viewing of Taken and, Space:Above and Beyond. I wonder how many folks remember that last one ;)

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger