Random Thoughts..
Thursday, December 16, 2010
 
There's always a first time for everything

But since when did you see a long line up of "firsts" crammed into one single day ? :)

  1. Started off with not being able to recognize the early morning alarm for the flight. Would have probably slept through it had not Runa started mumbling about the alarm.
  2. The Wings Cab was a bit later than usual.
  3. Bumped my head fairly heavily when getting in. I am generally very careful while sliding my massive bulk into a cab. This time around I guess the rush and the queer interior light had me flummoxed. I have a sweet little lump just above my forehead and I guess that is part of the reason of #7
  4. Waltzed through the security check-in etc formalities at the Pune airport. This is a new experience since it is generally a case of "open bags to demonstrate multiple cables, show off the lenses etc"
  5. Saw a group of students (from some institute at Pune) doing a random and chaotic distribution of sweat-shirts. Turns out that the shirts had a funny message.
  6. Figured that the students were on some field trip / excursion to Port Blair. The group sitting behind me had no idea where Port Blair was on the map (there we some murmurs about it near Lakshadweep) or, why they were going there. That was good fun to learn since for all the limited field trips we took part in as a school kid, we did cram up reading about the location.
  7. I slept through most of the flight. That's a first. I never manage to sleep through and through. In fact I missed the food trolley in the first hop.
  8. The flight did not have the "slice of fruit cake" which I like a lot
  9. The "leading lady" (chief cabin attendant) was flustered beyond belief and stuttered through all the announcements. The other cabin crew gamely helped her along. That was wonderful to see
  10. The pre-paid taxi cab line had 85 folks when I joined them.
  11. I decided to book a Kolkata Radio Cab and it was a decent ride if one can waive of the expected price/fare differential. The cab was clean, the driver decent and drove safely
  12. I slept more when I reached home
  13. Kolkata is strangely cold

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger