Random Thoughts..
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
 
Hope and then despair at book listing

Flipkart is finally listing Bengali books. However, going through the listings I was forced to be disgusted. It looks shoddily done and, without a proper care of reviewing the entries. There are:

  • Titles which are wrongly typed. Even phonetically they don't come close
  • Author names which show wide variation
  • Wrong listings too

In short it means that unless I chance upon that book it would be impossible to search by either Title or, Author Name. And, for an online bookstore that just takes away the interest in clicking through a number of books/pages to arrive at the book. Which is where another thing bothers me. In this day and age, why can I not set a preference about how many books I want listed once I login ? Or, for example, choose to see an infinite scroll ? There ought to be a way to handle that.

I am happy that I can (if I try hard enough) actually buy Bengali books off Flipkart. I am disappointed at the fact that they did not put as much care as they did for their English language books.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger