Random Thoughts..
Thursday, March 31, 2011
 
Will it happen ? I don't know. I sure wish it does.

I thought over this a bit. I think that the only thing I'd like to see in the Cricket World Cup 2011 finals (or, make that two things) is Virendar Sehwag going after the bowling in a way that only he can define,refine and execute (I believe that they call him the Nawab and sometimes the Butcher of Najafgarh) and Sachin Tendulkar piling on the runs with grace at the other end. I think it will remind me of that innings Sachin and Sourav shared on the way to what was (or, is it still ?) the highest run partnership at that batting position.

Will it happen ? I don't know. I sure wish it does.

Am I being selfish in distilling a game of 22+ players into a spectacle for two ? I guess not. Cricket has assumed the grandiose nature of a battle of gladiators. These two are the best in the game.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger