Random Thoughts..
Thursday, April 24, 2014
 
Timothy Sheader by TGKW


Timothy Sheader, artistic director of the Regent's Park Open Air Theatre, photographed in rehearsals for his upcoming production of Arthur Miller's All My Sons. I saw Tim's extraordinary passion for literature - for understanding the ways and the whys people interact with each other while they carry the complex baggage of being a human being - the first time I met him in 2011, and I knew then that it was the beginning of a long friendship. It was a joy, then, to see him put this to work in the rehearsal room. The actors, too, were thrilled as he wrangled with the text and the characters' motivations, raising his voice and slamming his fists on the table. I wished at times I could join the discussion: since my tutorials at university, longer ago than I care to remember, I've very rarely sat down and examined a text so closely with like-minded people. "Isn't it amazing," Tim said to me over dinner afterwards, "that I get paid to do that? To go into work and debate with the likes of Arthur Miller?" I realised too my own good fortune: that I'm paid to watch it and to photograph it. London, 2014. About Me | My Best Work | FAQ | Twitter | Facebook | Tumblr http://flic.kr/p/nmfVXB


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger